Criminal Defense Attorney in Miami and Jacksonville, FL
At the Law Offices of Alyson L. Sommers, P.A., we focus our practice entirely on criminal defense. We take a strong and aggressive approach on behalf of people charged with misdemeanors or felonies. A former public defender, attorney Sommers has personally handled nearly 50 criminal trials. Though we have the skill and experience to negotiate a plea bargain when it’s in your best interest, we are always ready and able to protect your rights in court. A member of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, attorney Sommers was an associate at a criminal defense firm before opening her own practice. We have experience handling a wide range of criminal matters.
To schedule an appointment, contact our office by e-mail or call us at 904-474-4529 (Jacksonville), 305-577-8885 (Miami), or 800-559-3299 (Toll Free). Your first consultation is without cost or obligation.
Our Criminal Defense Practice
We zealously protect the rights of criminal defendants, handling all types of felonies and misdemeanors, including:
- Violent crimes — We defend people charged with murder, manslaughter, assault and battery, domestic violence, and weapons offenses
- Traffic violations — We will help you fight traffic charges, including speeding tickets, reckless driving, and driving with a suspended or revoked license.
- DUI or drunk driving — We defend people charged with drinking and driving, as well as handle the administrative proceeding regarding license suspension and the hearing to determine penalties.
- Probation violations — We will advocate for you if you have been accused of violating the terms of your probation.
- Sex crimes — We protect the rights of people charged with sexual assault, sexual battery, or with failing to register as a sex offender.
- Drug crimes — We defend people charged with possession, sale, distribution, or manufacturing of illegal drugs, including marijuana